[ RadSafe ] Re: Electronic dosimeter as dose of record

Efforrer at aol.com Efforrer at aol.com
Wed Mar 9 00:44:47 CET 2005

Sandy I was sceptical but looking over part 20 it does exempt direct and indirect reading pocket ionization chambers from the NVLAP accreditation.  I suppose if you could show that the device had the sensitivity and dependability needed it could be used for dose reporting.  I know when I worked for Oregon they would not allow pocket ion chambers to be used for dose reporting.  I suppose one would have to look into state rules in addition to NRC's.