[ RadSafe ] Re: Electronic dosimeter as dose of record

Neill Stanford stanford at stanforddosimetry.com
Wed Mar 9 02:42:02 CET 2005

Sandy, do I understand you correctly? To use an electronic dosimeter as dose
of record (primary dosimeter) there is no requirement for NVLAP
accreditation? I remember that there were some issues with requiring
accreditation to assign a dose from an ED (similar to using survey data to
estimate a dose in the case of a lost primary dosimeter), but I am talking
here specifically about using an ED as the primary device. As an example -
issue an ED only, nothing else.

Thanks,

Neill Stanford, CHP
Stanford Dosimetry, LLC