[ RadSafe ] Radioactive Material Stolen While Man In Donut Sh op

North, David DNorth at lifespan.org
Wed Mar 9 17:16:31 CET 2005

It's very simple. The ammo box is lined with plastic foam in which nest
several lead pigs and/or Pb-lined syringe cases containing
radiopharmaceuticals for nuclear medicine facilities. The ammo boxes are
very sturdy (much more so than a cardboard box) and re-usable. They are also
used to ship spent unit doses back to the radiopharmacy. They are all
thoroughly labeled and placarded, and also sealed with a plastic zip-tie
(a.k.a. Iraqi handcuff). It's perfectly legal and very common. That's how we
get our stuff. In fact, maybe it was even some of our stuff that we ordered
and had not received yet. Seekonk is a suburb of Providence.

David L. North, Sc.M., DABR
Medical Physics
Main Bldg Rm 317
Rhode Island Hospital