[ RadSafe ] Radiation Doses to Luggage

Elsa Nimmo elsa.nimmo at varian.com
Wed Mar 9 17:07:57 CET 2005

Sandy, Floyd, Bob, Rob, Lawrence,

Thanks for your responses.  The Alaska pipeline worker story got my
attention -- bored people & radiation sources might not be the best
combination.

A couple more questions:

Aren't some airports doing a series of screens that involve exposing checked
luggage to radiation, including CT & activation analysis?

Per pass through airport security (where ever in the world), would you
assume something like 500 mrem as the maximum possible dose to luggage?

Elsa