[ RadSafe ] Land and McGregor's study ?

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 9 23:21:04 CET 2005

Actually, I do not see any benefit.  But then, I may
not be prejudiced to find one.  In fact, I don't see
any averages that are below the NIC (not in city)
point.  If there was a hormetic effect, I guess that
the values would be less than those who receive not
exposures.  Why do you suppose there are none below
NIC?

I also note the that at 2 Sv and 2.5 Sv, the average
is below the regression curve.  By your logic, these
are also evidence of hormesis.  May be it is not a "J"
but a tilted "S" curve.

I do see in Figure 2 the linear regression analysis of
the data that at the lowest doses, the ERR averages
>1.0. Of course, the 90% confidence bounds is so
large, you can actually imaging values below 0 ERR
that demonstrate hormesis.

Of course, what do I know.  I am not an
epidemiologist.  I would like to know why you have not
answered my question about the source of your "raw
bomb data?"  Is it possible that when the data is
correct for age at time of bombing, the "beneficial"
effect of 1-9 rad exposure is not there?

And one more time, is the citation I give the paper
you cite?

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com