[ RadSafe ] Re: Radioactive Material Stolen While Man In Donut Shop

Jose Julio Rozental joseroze at netvision.net.il
Thu Mar 10 11:51:55 CET 2005

The main question is what you have appointed: "The violation here was that
the driver left the truck running unattended and lost control of the ammo
box when he went to the donut shop."

Comment:

There are users that every day transport radioactive materials in higher
activity, as the case of industrial radiography.  During my activities in
Brazil I have registered two cases. In one of them the thief abandoned the
equipment in one site and in the second he threw out the equipment in the
River. Hopefully there was not damage to equipments and in both cases were
applied penalties. This fact is used in training  as example of high
violation during transport, to emphasize the necessity  of  imperative
request during transport to follow procedures. In Brazil also for such
transport it is requested that a driver needs to have an assistant for
emergencies situation.

Jose Julio Rozental

joseroze at netvision.net.il

Israel