[ RadSafe ] Unidentified Helicopters Nearly Fired UponOver Nuclear Power ...

Gerry Blackwood gpblackwood at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 13 15:56:55 CET 2005

Maury ... I have to realloy disagree here...this is all theory and only theory.....To say any aircraft could not impact the containment structure like saying no aircraft could drop the world trade center.....BTW they did say the same thing you just said about the WTC that you just said about the containment building...they were wrong and maybe so are you....I would hate to find out....

Maury Siskel <maurysis at ev1.net> wrote:This email apparently fell into the email canyon over three hours ago
and I've received Radsafe posts since that time. Thus, this may be a
duplicate:
===========

Those tests were performed with a twin engine F-4 Phantom jet.

A B-737 could not squarely impact a containment structure with more than
one engine. And let us remove the subjective impact of impressive big
numbers; 850
km/hr = 530 mph = 460 knots. These are not exactly ballistic missile
speeds. Yes, the fire resulting from the fuel load surely would cause a
lot of trouble even when the containment is not penetrated. The damage
to ancillary systems, however, would produce a lot more damage.

The Federal Air Regulations do not preclude a sightseeing aircraft from
passing over and around any nuclear power plant -- they are not
surrounded by Prohibited Airspace. The only so-called restriction is
that thou shalt not "loiter" around NPP's, stadia, big sports arenas,
and so on. If you are of an evil inclination, this honestly is not much
help.

The problem remains that we are an extremely target-rich nation. Such
attacks must be contained via intelligence or some other means before
attacks are even mounted. There is not sufficient time to shoot things
down when you have no idea what is about to or is happening until
it is too late. Such was the case on 9-11. Shooting and asking questions
later in the United States has not and will not in the foreseeable
future either fly or float.
Cheers,
Maury&Dog [Maury Siskel maurysis at ev1.net]
BLHamrick at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/12/2005 2:22:31 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
> sandyfl at earthlink.net writes:
>
> If I my memory is correct, there has been an actual case of a small
> plane hitting a containment building.

For information on how to subscribe/unsubscribe and other settings visit: