[ RadSafe ] Re: U.S. Nuclear Power Industry Workers Study - HealthyWorker Effect

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 16 20:05:04 CET 2005

Sounds like you calling Long's detractors biased.
Interesting when you look at all of the data have has
been accumulated.  You may want to start with NCRP
Report 136.  Of course, Long comment that he discounts
the McGregor and Land article of 1977 does speak
volumes of his bias.  I do not claim to be an expert
on the subject, but I do question those who are deaf
critism of the studies they cite.  For example, the
study of the Taiwanese apartment dwellers has been
questioned as to the cohort population.  If you ignore
this point, what are you advocating?  Poor science?

Again, if you would like copies of the article so you
can review it yourself, let me know.

--- "Syd H. Levine" <syd.levine at mindspring.com> wrote:

> Long's detractors seem far more desperate with
> respect to massaging the data
> than he does.  If LNT were correct, and ionizing
> radiation is as dangerous
> as some urge, the Taiwan apartment dwellers, the air
> crews, the radiation
> oncologists, radiographers, etc. would be one bunch
> of sick puppies, but
> they do not seem to be.   Instead, Long's detractors
> seem only to be able to
> make reference to selected portions of very few
> studies to support LNT.
> What is it that I am not getting here as a mostly
> lay observer?
>
> Syd H. Levine
> AnaLog Services, Inc.
> Phone:  270-276-5671
> Telefax:  270-276-5588
> E-mail:  analog at logwell.com

=== message truncated ===

"A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy
enough people to make it worth the effort." Herm Albright

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com