[ RadSafe ] Radioactive release from Mount St Helens

goldinem at songs.sce.com goldinem at songs.sce.com
Wed Mar 16 22:32:09 CET 2005

Can someone give me a real number along with a good basis (published paper,
book, etc.) for the total radioactivity released from the 1980 Mount St.
Helens eruption?   I have a figure for radon (3 million curies) from one
book but no figure for total activity including uranium, radium, thorium,
potassium-40, etc.  Not urgent, just for some training/briefing materials.
And I have searched the internet and all my references in vain.  Thanks,
Eric

Eric M. Goldin, CHP
<goldinem at songs.sce.com>