[ RadSafe ] Healthy Worker Effect - Test Time? / Taiwan study

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Fri Mar 18 19:38:40 CET 2005

Yes Bjorn, "Is Chronic Radiation an Effective Prophylaxis Against Cancer? by Chen, Luan et al (J Am Phys & Surg 9:1 Spring 2004) has as much of the comparison as they could get out of bureaucracy that did not want to believe it.

Luan at nbcsoc at hotmail.com would flood you with data on request.

Howard Long

Bjorn Cedervall <bcradsafers at hotmail.com> wrote:
Sometimes a strong correlation is not causal. I suggest that we take a
cautious approach (Taiwan study) regarding conclusions. Has any age profiles
been analyzed in relation to the article?

My personal reflection only,

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
>The Taiwan "Study" (J Am Phys & Surg 9:1, pp6-11) is at least as impressive
>as was John Snow's observation of more disease on one side of a London
>street than the other having a different water supply.This at least calls
>for a test, "taking off the pump handle", exposing another population to
>0.4 Sv over 10 years, to reproduce very low cancer and fetal abnormality
>rates..

For information on how to subscribe/unsubscribe and other settings visit: