[ RadSafe ] Fwd: Radiation Detectors Inadequate, New York Official Says [TOO MANY FALSE ALARMS]

Gerry Blackwood gpblackwood at sbcglobal.net
Sat Mar 19 15:12:05 CET 2005

I have one thing to say here ...DoH!

NYC PD Brass has known about this problem for a very long time... They have been told several times that a HP that is TRAINED with the cops should be part of the Task Force to advise on radiation situations is needed. Not someone who sits behind a desk, not some one who is with other agency.....but someone the cops can relate to and who is on the street with them. The PC and the Chiefs in NYC cross the fingers and toes and pray nothing happens..... If I hear one more Deputy PC say he thinks that the Atlas Drills prevent terrorism I think I will just about scream...  Every cop knows that its Security Theater..... and until we get hit again my personal opinion is that it will remain Security Theater.............. Besides it still does nothing for the HEU problem.......

farbersa at optonline.net wrote:
Hi all:
An interesting article about too many false alarms with all the radiation
detectors in the hands of police and others in NYCity. See link below:

Radiation Detectors Inadequate, New York Official Says

http://www.nti.org/d_newswire/issues/2005_3_18.html#2FB9D0CB

Stewart Farber
Consulting Scientist

[203] 367-0791 [office]

For information on how to subscribe/unsubscribe and other settings visit: