[ RadSafe ] Re: LNT now NOT "reasonable"

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Sun Mar 20 20:33:35 CET 2005

Look at data, not conclusions (dicordant, as with Kyota data and conclusions)

Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
I always offer to provide others information to make
up their own minds. I would suggest that if you do go
the the Radiation Safety and Health Web site you read
the information critically. I would also suggest that
people, including Howard, read the NCRP Report 136 to
understand the underpinnings of the LNT.
http://www.ncrponline.org/rpt136.html I do not know
how one can make an intelligent decision without
understanding all of the facts.

Despite what Howard says the LNT is reasonable, not
perfect. It is a hypothesis. Research being
undertaken by DOE may further expand our understanding
of such phenomenons as the bystander effect.
http://lowdose.tricity.wsu.edu/
Such work may even provide evidence that hormesis is
not what its proponents suggest. As the McGregor and
Land report of 1977 shows, low does of radiation do
increase cancer. I believe that this report was
published before there was any LNT/hormesis
controversy. Therefore, its result are not biased to
support the LNT, even if Howard says it is.

By the way, I must thank Howard Long for leading to
the paper. Again, if anyone wants a copy, let me know.