[ RadSafe ] Re: Hormesis - Necessary for Public Protection

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Mon Mar 21 17:43:06 CET 2005

"Dinosaur" for anyone defending LNT damage to public protection is accurate if intemperate.

The Land -Mcgregor report DATA, 34 breast cancers observed after 1-9 rads where 42.3 expected (using the same method  as showed higher O than E with bigger dose),
supports hormesis and should dispell fear of later cancer from that dose - greatly reducing the area of panic and extent of cleanup with nuclear attack.

The quote is of Syd, just below.

Howard Long

John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
How do I stall realistic public protection? I did not
write any of the DHS planning scenarios. If you have
a problem with them, send you comments to the authors
of the report.

As I say, the McGregor and Land report of 1977 shows
harmful effects at low doses. Maybe hormesis is
bankrupt. Maybe there is more to the story, but you
have to listen and read.

By the way, if you quote someone else's words, you are
to put them in quotation marks and cite the author.
It is common ethics and good manners to do so.