[ RadSafe ] Re: Hormesis - Necessary for Public Protection

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed Mar 23 14:39:05 CET 2005

I am referring to the McGregor and Land paper of 1977?
 You know.  The one you choose to ignore.

Can you, in your own words, explain the difference
between this and the 1979 paper?  I would be
interested.

--- howard long <hflong at pacbell.net> wrote:
> Summary not supported by the data, as by Kyota
> staff, is not evidence, but opinion.
>
> Whatever other data is presented in the other paper
> cannot erase the fact that fewer breast cancer cases
> occurred at 1-9 rad exposure than predicted using
> formula that found more than expected with exposure
> over 50 rad. To what other data do you refer, John?
>
> Howard
>
> John Jacobus <crispy_bird at yahoo.com> wrote:
> What does the Kyota Treaty have to do with this
> discussion? If you do not understand the thread
> please say so.
>
> You certainly do not perpetuate unwarranted
> conclusions, but why can you not answer the
> questions
> asked, e.g., the data in the McGregor and Land 1977
> report?
>
> However, you did make a claim that I said that I
> propose use of the LNT for emergency response to
> terrorism. Did you also make this up?
>
> --- howard long wrote:
>
> > How come the Kyota staff summary was disclaimed by
> > many of the contributing scientists?
> >
> > Look at data. I do not perpetuate unwarranted
> > conclusions. That answers John's question.
> >
> > Come to the DDP meeting in Las Vegas July 16-18 to
> > debate this more. Our Jan '05 Newsletter includes,
> > "A DHS proposal to dramatically reduce the
> > requirements for cleaning up radioactive
> > contamination from a dirty bomb or nuclear
> explosive
> > would greatly diminish economic losses."
> > www.oism.org/ddp

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com