AW: [ RadSafe ] nuclear weapons impact thread

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu Mar 24 01:10:25 CET 2005

John, Susan, RADSAFErs,

>From several sources and even projects I have been working with I know
that film companies had severe problems with radioactivity of silver
used in film-emulsions. The problem arose, because in nuclear power
plants silver is used in the form of a seal to certain components of the
NPP and becomes activated to Ag-110m and the long-lived Ag-110. Then
they are recycled.

The detectors are obviously not directed toward activities harming human
health, but company performance....

Best regards,

Franz

Franz Schoenhofer