AW: [ RadSafe ] nuclear weapons impact thread

Susan Gawarecki loc at icx.net
Thu Mar 24 08:15:51 CET 2005

The electromagnetic urnaium enrichment process at Oak Ridge used all of
the US silver reserves during WWII for wiring.  After the war, the
silver was returned to government vaults.  It's not inconceivable that
some was activated or otherwise contaminated with radionuclides.  The US
government ultimately sold its precious metal reserves.

Susan Gawarecki