[ RadSafe ] DHS and other abbreviations

Bjorn Cedervall bcradsafers at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 29 10:52:26 CEST 2005

Just got back from vacation and browse all these messages with DHS and just
wonder what it stands for.

In more general terms, perhaps we could cool it a little with all these
abbreviations. About 3-4 weeks ago one short Radsafe message contained about
ten abbreviations (some probably used in a slanglike way for computer codes
or whatever it was) - most of which I was unfamiliar with.
This is probably a good way to make people press the delete key. We all have
little time but also want to broaden our knowledge - however - figuring out
too much unfamiliar jargong is a potential investment. Some abbreviations
are familiar to almost everyone in a forum like this like DNA and HPS but
depending on subject other abbreviations may be remote or even mean totally
different things (like PSA).

If an abbreviation like DHS is used a lot (without an explanation) in a
cascade of messages a good idea coulld be that those involved in the
discussion sometimes spell it out in full to help broaden the understanding
of the issue.

My personal idea only,

Bjorn Cedervall   bcradsafers at hotmail.com