[ RadSafe ] OSHA reinventing the wheel

Mccormick, Luke I luke.mccormick at dhs.gov
Wed May 4 19:26:18 CEST 2005

54 Questions. Many extremely repetitive, and often asking the public for
scientific facts.  I strongly urge everyone to comment and request that
they apply NRC regulations presently in force to NARM and radiation
generating equipment.There is a movement to rachet the OSHA regs dose
limits below the NRC regs. They may also include compliance with President
Bush's directive in 1989 that all business with the US Government use SI
units. My German counterparts roared at our inconsistency, especially when
they saw picocuries per liter.
Luke McCormick
.