[ RadSafe ] RE: OSHA reinventing the wheel

Bradt, Clayton (LABOR) Clayton.Bradt at labor.state.ny.us
Wed May 4 19:54:01 CEST 2005

It should also be noted that when Part 20 was last revised in 1991, it
was a very costly and time consuming undertaking for all parties
concerned for little or no benefit to workers or the public. Since the
old dose limits were rarely even approached let alone exceeded, lowering
them slightly made no difference.  Adopting the next generation of ICRP
recommendations will have the same (non)effect.

Clayton J. Bradt, CHP
Principal Radiophysicist
NYS Dept. of Labor
phone: (518) 457 1202