AW: [ RadSafe ] Fwd: Two "Small" Explosions" Outside of BritishConsulate; fearmongering

Franz Schönhofer franz.schoenhofer at chello.at
Thu May 5 21:50:49 CEST 2005

May I dare to ask what this has to do with radiation protection or
anything nuclear? These news are found in any news either on TV or on
the web.

Additionally I may dare or probably not to ask what kind of interest
those messages, mostly taken from newspapers or other sites with a big
interest in terrifying the US population, on "unpreparedness" and
"nuclear 9/11" have from the point of view of radiation protection. I am
more than convinced and obviously other people on RADSAFE are as well,
that a "dirty bomb" would not do much harm with regard to deaths and
other tolls and that decontamination would be costly but can be without
doubt be achieved. Having been both at Hiroshima and Nagasaki I can
assure everybody that even in Hiroshima directly under the hypocenter of
the nuclear bomb explosion, in Nagasaki very close to it buildings have
been erected and people live and work there since many decades. Those
bombs had a somewhat higher explosive yield than any car bomb and they
did not spread I-131. So this question has been solved and any further
discussion is just waste of time.

Anybody who needs adrenaline and wants to be frightened may go to the
websites that DHS and other "independent" organisations provide. "Todays
global security newswire", "Homeland Security Weekly" and others. You
can subscribe free of charge.

Franz Schoenhofer
PhD, MR iR
Habicherg. 31/7
A-1160 Vienna
AUSTRIA
phone -43-0699-1168-1319

U.K. No
> injuries were reported, and no suspects have been identified.

> --------------------------
> Want to discuss this topic?  Head on over to our discussion list,
discuss-
> osint at yahoogroups.com.
>

> *** FAIR USE NOTICE. This message contains copyrighted material whose
use
> has not been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. OSINT, as
> part of The Intelligence Network, is making it available without
profit to
> OSINT YahooGroups members who have expressed a prior interest in
receiving
> the included information in their efforts to advance the understanding
of
> intelligence and law enforcement organizations, their activities,
methods,
> techniques, human rights, civil liberties, social justice and other
> intelligence related issues, for non-profit research and educational
> purposes only. We believe that this constitutes a 'fair use' of the
> copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the U.S.
Copyright
> Law. If you wish to use this copyrighted material for purposes of your
own
> that go beyond 'fair use,' you must obtain permission from the
copyright
> owner.
> For more information go to:
> http://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/17/107.shtml

>    Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to the Yahoo! Terms of
Service.