[ RadSafe ] Re: uranium trioxide gas exposure patterns (was: ...RE:Gardner Sellafield cluster)

Jaro jaro-10kbq at sympatico.ca
Fri May 6 23:44:26 CEST 2005

-----Original Message-----
<SNIP> if the analogy with lymphocytes holds, then there will
probably be a sudden explosion of leukemia in veterans at
some point.  The Balkan veterans already have experienced
suddenly very high leukemia rates starting around 2001
<SNIP>
Time will tell.  Until we have accurate long-term morbidity
and mortality rates from exposure, the government can not be
forthright about the toxicity.
<SNIP>

The bit about Balkan veterans experiencing "very high leukemia rates" is
utter nonsense :  several nations who had troops in the Balkans conducted
detailed medical surveys and dismissed any such claims as bogus. Of course
one can always claim some future "explosion of leukemia."

As for any "explosion of leukemia" due to uranium exposure, there is no need
to wait -- native American Indians of the South-West used to use the
colorful salts of uranium (yellow, red, green) as pigments for ceremonial
face and body  painting.
No "explosion of leukemia" there, as far as I'm aware -- and that's getting
a lot closer to the source, than lead paint on the exterior walls of houses
!

Thanks to John Andrews and Dimiter Popoff for their contributions --
unfortunately, I fear your efforts are (nearly) wasted (excepting myself & a
few other Radsafers) -- you might as well be talking to a tree stump.

 Jaro