[ RadSafe ] Salsman, serious doubt on qualification of RADSAFErs

James Salsman james at bovik.org
Sun May 8 01:25:43 CEST 2005

Franz,

Thank you for your comments:

>... Uranium Trioxide is a solid compound

 From J. Ackermann, R.J. Thorn, C. Alexander, and M. Tetenbaum,
in "Free Energies of Formation of Gaseous Uranium, Molybdenum,
and Tungsten Trioxides," Journal of Physical Chemistry,
vol. 64 (1960) pp. 350-355:  "gaseous monomeric uranium
trioxide is the principal species produced by the reaction of
U3O8 with oxygen" (at 1200 Kelvin and above.)

Are you suggesting that a uranium fire doesn't reach 1200
Kelvin, or something else?

 >... dispersion (I never read something similarly ridiculous
 > as he claimes’!!!!)

What do you find ridiculous about my description of dispersion?

 >... he cites papers as a confirmation of his absurd comments,
 > which clearly state a totally different result

To what are you referring?

Sincerely,
James Salsman