[ RadSafe ] Overcoming America's nuclear power phobia

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Wed May 11 17:29:28 CEST 2005

Do you think that a utility would not build any plant
because of anti-nuclear protest?  If the protesters
are so powerful, why is the government encouraging
industry to build nuclear power plants?  Then Bush's
promotion is a waste of time and money, don't you
agree?  I suggest you write your representatives to
not waste your tax money in promoting nuclear power.

So the utilites spends twice as much money building a
plant.  They will recoup their losses.  Have any lost
money on an operating nuclear power plant?

--- John Grant <grantjoh at pacbell.net> wrote:

> John Jacobus wrote:
>
> >To me, the real test is what happens with a company
> >proposes to build a new nuclear power plant in the
> >U.S.  The hypothesis that radiophobia is the
> problem
> >to the development of new power plants is
> speculative.
> > I think that this is an economic issue, which can
> be
> >fixed by giving tax incentives to the power
> companies.
> >
> The radiophobic antis can cause serious delays in
> construction. This
> becomes an economic issue.
>
> John Grant

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com