[ RadSafe ] Overcoming America's nuclear power phobia

jjcohen jjcohen at prodigy.net
Fri May 13 00:21:20 CEST 2005

Al ,
    Now let's see---Who is really responsible for the sorry state of nuclear power development in this country?
I kind of think that the hoards of anti-nuke kooks and wackos out there really believe the crap they spew out. So, at least in their way, they are being honest about  it. My candidate(s) for the bad guys in this matter are the government decision makers (politicians & bureaucrats) who allow themselves to be influenced by the loudest voices they hear--- instead or the calm and rational logic from people like you and me.  However, I would reserve the hottest places in hell for those who make a buck by pandering to radiophobia by selling LNT, ALARA, and other inordinate policies that grossly exaggerate radiation risks.    Jerry

PS. It is always bad policy for the government to pay bribes or ransom! I don't recall which president said,"Millions for defense; but not one cent for tribute".  It made sense in dealing with the Barbary pirates and still applies for those in New Mexico and Nevada.