[ RadSafe ] Overcoming America's nuclear power phobia

Al Tschaeche antatnsu at adelphia.net
Thu May 12 20:17:08 CEST 2005

Every man/woman has his/her price.  The Japanese government pays people
in the immediate vicinity of their proposed nuclear power plants a sum
of money to get them not to oppose the plants.  We don't do that in this
country.  But our government does pay certain states to accept certain
government facilities and activities so it's not much different.  New
Mexico got millions for WIPP.  If Nevada would get out of the way of YM,
it would get millions also.  So I think "radiophobes are unprincipled
people who would abandon their deep seated beliefs for a few dollars."
 Maybe more than just a "few."  Am I too cynical?