[ RadSafe ] Overcoming America's nuclear power phobia

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 14:29:47 CEST 2005

Maybe what you should do is yell louder than the
anti-nuclear crow.  You have representatives that you
can contact.  Maybe part of the blame belongs to those
who remain silent.

--- jjcohen <jjcohen at prodigy.net> wrote:
> Al ,
>     Now let's see---Who is really responsible for
> the sorry state of nuclear power development in this
> country?
> I kind of think that the hoards of anti-nuke kooks
> and wackos out there really believe the crap they
> spew out. So, at least in their way, they are being
> honest about  it. My candidate(s) for the bad guys
> in this matter are the government decision makers
> (politicians & bureaucrats) who allow themselves to
> be influenced by the loudest voices they hear---
> instead or the calm and rational logic from people
> like you and me.  However, I would reserve the
> hottest places in hell for those who make a buck by
> pandering to radiophobia by selling LNT, ALARA, and
> other inordinate policies that grossly exaggerate
> radiation risks.    Jerry
>
> PS. It is always bad policy for the government to
> pay bribes or ransom! I don't recall which president
> said,"Millions for defense; but not one cent for
> tribute".  It made sense in dealing with the Barbary
> pirates and still applies for those in New Mexico
> and Nevada.
>

> From: Al Tschaeche
>   To: jjcohen

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com

Yahoo! Mail