[ RadSafe ] Overcoming America's nuclear power phobia

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Fri May 13 14:23:40 CEST 2005

Dr. Luan,
I am sorry that you have lived is such a repressive
society.  I have been a health physicist since 1975.
I have always been free to speak my mind and have done
so to those who ask questions about radiation safety
and risks.  I have followed the rules and regulations,
none of which dictate that you should make outrageous
claims of radiation risks.

What I have told and continue to tell people is the
radiiation risks at the levels that public is exposed
to are not of concern.  That has been that way since I
starting working in this profession.  Rather than
trying to promote hormesis maybe you should focus on
that fact that no demonstrated risks have been
observed.  See
http://hps.org/documents/radiationrisk.pdf
Why don't you review this position statement and tell
me what is wrong with it.

By the way, I am a little confused by your story of
the RCA compensation case.  Are you saying that people
who are injured by the unsafe actions of a company
should not be compensated?

--- yuan-chi luan <nbcsoc at hotmail.com> wrote:
---------------------------------

Thank you Howard, and all  friends:

Who is really responsible for the sorry state of the
nuclear power development in all countries in the
world? I would dare to say all the health physicists
should be blamed. I have been whole life as health
physicist for nuclear, biological and chemical weapons
development, and most years as the nuclear and
radiation health physicist. I was never authorized to
give technological advices derived from my personal
conscience, I had to follow the private desire and
interest of the superior individual in my carrier
until I retired completely. I do not know how did Dr
Gofman and Morgan deal with their responsibilities.
While many nuclear scientists now in Taiwan are
telling people sun, wind and biomass could be the
better energy than nuclear and start to study them, I
still tried my best to tell the international
communities, even in a accident the chronic radiation
is always beneficial to humanity, and proper doses
could effective immune from cancers, though I was not
given any support. HPS tried to help with this
incident would be surely appreciated!

Jerry said bribe in his PS. Paying bribe to public is
a part of social activities. The RCA (Radio
Corporation of America ) company ever inspired Taiwan
to elevate it  as a important electronic country. But
when the Co-60 contaminated incident started in 1992,
the RCA was also learned by people that the solvent
trichlorethylence used by plants contaminated the
workers of the plants and the public in the
surrounding environment. The plants were shortly
forced to close down and the company was going to be
suited for compensation in international court, as
there were more than 200 cancer deaths and 1000
incidence of employee. Unfortunately there were not
lawsuits of the irradiated residents in the
compartments for compensation, otherwise it will be
difficult for me to know whether they have been harmed
by radiation, and there will be no thing to do with
us.

Y.C. Luan

. . .

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com