[ RadSafe ] Is this RADSAFE?

howard long hflong at pacbell.net
Fri May 13 17:40:38 CEST 2005

Bored Cristian,
Who but HPs are able to lead people to safety, if we have nuclear contamination
(not unlikely, somewhere in the USA in the next 5 years)?

Are we prepared?

Howard Long

"Cristian S. Nicolau" <cnicolau at nbnet.nb.ca> wrote:
Gerry:

Yes this is RADSAFE indeed! May I cite what Radsafe is: Radsafe is an
international e-mail list devoted to the topic of radiation protection
(health physics). I have been member of the list since '96 and I did
not give up since, even if I felt like doing this some times. Your
postings are more suitable for the homeland security newsgroups I used
to be for a while. Only a little fraction of us here are involved in
weapons and homeland security, most of us are radiation protection
PROFESSIONALS. The ones of us involved with homeland security are
subscribers to the adequate group as well. But most of us are just
interested in RADIATION PROTECTION (as well described in Chapter 1,
Introduction, Introduction to Health Physics, Third edition by Herman
Cember, ISBN 0-07-105461-8, for your info). There are other
organizations out there dealing with terrorism, nuclear proliferation,
safeguards and so on. We will be here to help with our expertise if
needed in an improbable event of an radiological terrorism issue,
regardless where occurring.

Please let RADSAFE be what is supposed to be. Flames are welcomed on my
private address.

Cristian S. Nicolau, CHP
home, bored to death
cnicolau at nbnet.nb.ca