[ RadSafe ] Overcoming America's nuclear power phobia

John Jacobus crispy_bird at yahoo.com
Sun May 15 04:26:40 CEST 2005

I keep returning to the idea that economics is the
driving force behind nuclear plant continuation and
new construction. Politics and regulations can hinder
the process, but has not killed it. Of course, it
still could.

--- John Andrews <andrewsjp at chartertn.net> wrote:

> John, I don't know if the Rancho Seco steam
> generators would have been
> changed out.  However, being a municipal utility
> made the use of the
> local referendum possible and that process was
> exercised.
>
> John Andrews

"Embarrassed, obscure and feeble sentences are generally, if not always, the result of embarrassed, obscure and feeble thought."
Hugh Blair, 1783

e-mail:  crispy_bird at yahoo.com