[ RadSafe ] Tc-99m Sestimibi Biological half life (oreffectivehalf life) and TEDE/mCi

Sewell, Linda LMS1 at pge.com
Fri May 20 21:14:35 CEST 2005

 All,

I missed the original posting, but if your interest is regarding dealing with folks who have had Tc-99m studies, the 6 hour half life is a bit of a red herring.  There always seems to be a small amount of Mo-99 with a 66 hour half life as a contaminant.  That causes gamma sensing portal monitors to alarm for several days following a Tc-99m study.  Regarding the TEDE dose per mCi, Mike Stabin's RADAR website (http://www.doseinfo-radar.com/RADARDoseRiskCalc.html) gives all sorts of useful information like that including the linked dose calculation tool.

Happy Friday All,

Linda

Linda Sewell, CHP
Dosimetry Supervisor