[ RadSafe ] Re: Selective ventilation

jjcohen jjcohen at prodigy.net
Tue May 24 23:00:26 CEST 2005

Dear Maury,
    A second review of your message brings out further knowledge. I knew
from
EPA information that radon was deadly, but was not aware that it was also
evil.
I  thought that plutonium was the only evil element (from a 1968 statement
of
the National Council of Churches).  It might help  if you
could provide us with a complete list of  the evil elements . Would
Oxygen be on that list? I understand that prolonged exposure to high
concentrations
of oxygen can be fatal. Also, there is an inverse correlation between
altitude
(i.e. lower oxygen tension) and cancer incidence. Shouldn't EPA require
ALARA
programs to control oxygen exposure?
We need the  sound guidance that comes from you and your canine friend.
   Jerry