[ RadSafe ] Re: Selective ventilation

Kai Kaletsch eic at shaw.ca
Wed May 25 16:59:26 CEST 2005

Jerry asked: "Given an indoor atmosphere containing both radon and smoke,
how would opening windows, or any other form of ventilation  mitigate one
but not the other?"

It doesn't. Smokers would open a window to let smoke out and radon escapes
with it. Non-smokers have no reason to open windows and therefore have
higher radon levels.

Kai