[ RadSafe ] A Question on the Appropriate Number of Soil Samples toCollect as a Function of Land Area

Dahlskog, Leif Leif.Dahlskog at health.wa.gov.au
Wed May 25 04:05:57 CEST 2005

Jerry

I don't know if the reference you seek is here or not but I recently
came across an IAEA document (IAEA-TECDOC-1415 titled 'Soil sampling for
environmental contaminants' October 2004) which might be of use to you
and from memory mentions number of samples to take per area.  It can be
downloaded at
http://www-pub.iaea.org/MTCD/publications/ResultsPage.asp?p=2

Leif Dahlskog
Senior Health Physicist
Radiation Health Branch
Department of Health, Western Australia
Ph    (+61 8) 9346 2260
Fax (+61 8) 9381 1423
The contents of this e-mail transmission are intended solely for the
named recipient(s), may be confidential, and may be privileged or
otherwise protected from disclosure in the public interest.  The use,
reproduction, disclosure or distribution of the contents of this e-mail
transmission by any person other than the named recipient(s) is
prohibited.  If you are not a named recipient please notify the sender
immediately.