[ RadSafe ] Radon - Smoking

niton at mchsi.com niton at mchsi.com
Thu May 26 02:14:18 CEST 2005

>From the 2002 archieves -

We previously showed (Smith et al. 1998 and elsewhere:
that when Cohen's adjusted smoking percentages for males and females were
regressed on radon levels, significant (p < 0.00001) negative associations
between smoking and radon were noted for both males and females.
NCRP also noted the inverse association between averaged county radon
concentrations (based on a few short term measurements per county) and averaged
county smoking rates (estimated from proxy sources).