Re: Training videos

The address for the Indiana University tapes:

Indiana University Audio Visual Center
Bloomington, Indiana, 47405

I have used the Indiana University video tapes.  As somebody mentioned,
they are good for researchers, but I am not sure if they are useful for
ancillary personnel. Maybe the first tape in the series could be used for
ancillary personnel, since it is quite general.
There was one comment that I heard after our graduate studdents viewed the
tapes. The females students did not like the last one on emergency
planning. They thought it was discrimnatory because the female student in
the video was making all the mistakes! So you may want to issue a caveat
before showing the last tape.

I have also previewed  a set of three tapes by New Dimension Media
Eugene, Oregon 97405  (503) 484-7125

On the positive side, they used colored light to highlight the contaminated
areas.  That was a good idea, but the problem was that they went
through the whole scenario twice, with and without colored light.
This made it very long and redundant.  It maybe good to use in a lab where
you have a lot of contamination problems.
They also had a good way of summarising the whole thing, in a bullet fashion
But, I thought the tapes were too expensive compared to the Indiana
University ones.