Midwest LLRW Compact Meeting

A meeting of Missouri low-level radioactive waste generators will be held
November 16, 1993 in St. Louis, Missouri, at the Radisson Hotel - St.
Louis Airport (Lindbergh & I-70) from 10:00 a.m. to 3:00 p.m.  The meeting
will discuss the status of the Midwest Compact, Ohio's progress as teh
host state, and other information.  RSVP to Mary Anne Slaten at
314-554-3594.  A preliminary agenda follows.

I.	Welcoming Remarks

II.	The Midwest Compact - Gregg Larson, Executive Director, Midwest
	Compact
	-	Benefits Compact offers states, citizens, generators
	-	Compact amendments
	-	Next steps for siting facility/timetable/obstacles

III.	Missouri's involvement
	-	Role as a member of the Midwest Compact
	-	Involvement in developing Compact amendments
	-	Governor/Department of Natural Resources position on
		issues

IV.	The Missouri Initiative
	-	Need for generators to express support
	-	Consequences of failure to site/withdrawal from Compact
	-	Legislative process in Missouri

V.	Council for Responsible Waste Solutions
	-	Creation of organization/current membership
	-	Mission of CRWS
	-	Accomplishments to date
	-	Need to expand membership involvment

I am an attorney and a professional engineer with ten years experience in
the nuclear safety and nuclear regulation and licensing.  I look forward
to meeting any of you who attend.  If unable to attend, please feel free
to contact me for further info.

/s/ Glenn A. Carlson
    St. Louis, Missouri
    314-647-8661