Hologic QDR X-ray Bone Densitometer RAD Protection

We have a physician that plans to acquire a model QDR-1500 Hologic
QDR Bone Densitometer.  I have reviewed the sales literature that
suggests that additional lead shielding of walls is not needed and
that the operator console need not be shielded.  Does anyone have
experience with these units and willing to share the protection
measures taken?  I'm particularly interested about experiences in
the Texas regulatory environment.

James Sims,Ph.D.
Radiation Safety Officer
UNT Health Science Center at Fort Worth