Re: Microwave Radiation

> I am interested in texts which provide information on safety,
> shielding and survey instrumentation for microwave radiation from a
> general point of view. The specific case is a 25 Mwatt source. Any
> suggestions will be appreciated. My thanks in advance to all who
> respond!

Three places to start would be:

J. A. Dennis, C. R. Muirhead, and J. R. Ennis, Human Health and Exposure to
Electromagnetic Radiation (NRPB-R241), National Radiological Protection
Board, Chilton, (1993).

R.C. Petersen, Radiofrequency/microwave protection guides, Health Phys. 61:59-
67 (1991).

Americal National Standards Institute, Safety levels with respoect to human
exposure to radio frequency electromagnetic fields 300 kHz to 100 GHz.  New
York, New York:  ANSI; ANSI C95.1 (1992).

BTW:  Does anyone know where to order a copy of the latest ANSI C91.1
standard.  I have the older version (1982).

John Moulder (jmoulder@its.mcw.edu)          Voice: 414-266-4670
Radiation Biology Group                      FAX: 414-257-2466
Medical College of Wisconsin, Milwaukee