29 CFR 1910.96 and 1910.97

I think I had better go over to the library and make a copy of this regulation.
We are now being asked on research proposals to provide information concerning
compliance with regulatory requirements of 29 CFR 1910.96 (ionizing radiation
including radioactive materials and x-rays) and 29 CFR 1910.97 which includes the
use of radio-frequency and microwave radiation sources.  It is very hard to
understand why if you have an agreement state license and are considered to be in
compliance with state regulations including x-ray machines, accelerators etc., you
would not be in compliance with 29 CFR 1910-96.  When do these regulations take
effect?  Does 1910-96 agree with the new 10 CFR20 and the proposed change to
32 IL ADM. CODE:Chapter II Parts 310 and 340?