U Waste and N-gen

Just a note, our office "inherited" a kg of Uranium Acetate/Uranium
Nitrate from old University sources.  We are attempting to get rid of
it, and it is costly (~$8000). Anyone have a better idea of what to
do with the stuff?

Also, for some unknown reason (go figure), our physics department is
going to get a used neutron generator (Tritium target deuterium
acclerator).  The machine had a load of 20-50 curies of tritium
already (ion pump).
The type of generator is a MF Physics Corp. and is equivalent to a
model NG-1254.  All I here is horror stories.  I would really
appriecate some good info on the pratical HP aspects of the
generator, ie expected airborne levels, oil contamination levels,
room/ventalation contamination, head aches, war stories, ect.

Thanks to all!!!