Re: HP Software

I seem to have struck a bare nerve with the harsh "indictment" I made of the
H.P. Assistant Demo.  To the credit of On-Site Systems, I received a call
and a request for explanation (which was given).  I believe that they have to
reassess the process they are using in order to get this software accepted.

Basically, it boils down to this:

a)	The Demo didn't really work - which produces images of potential soft-
	ware problems in the "functional" package.

b)	The price!  I could use a site-licensed DBMS, hire a couple of student
	programmers for 6 months - produce a custom application - for less than
	the price that I was originally quoted for the H.P Assistant (they've
	indicated that the price is negotiable).

To be fair to On-Site Systems, I will make a more "objective" investigation of
their application (as time permits).

Erick Lindstrom
Montana State University