HP Software - Show and Tell!

> From: "Dale E. Boyce" <dale@radpro.uchicago.edu>
> Subject: Re: HP Software
>
> It would be interesting to take an informal poll of what people are
> using out there.  I would be glad to try to summarise and post if
> people would email me with a short description of the software they
> are using, the categories of databases that they have (receiving,
> shipping, waste, cost recovery, etc.), and perhaps a little self-
> evaluation of how complete they feel their implementation is and
> how much either in time or money they have invested.  I'll try
> to quantify (if I get enough responses) some of the info.  I have
> a feeling that an awful lot of resources are being spent duplicating
> work that has already be done.  Any discussion on what we might
> do as a group to address any of this?

I think it might be worthwhile to get together as a group at the annual
meeting in San Francisco.  I plan to be there as I've agreed to chair the
computer applications session once again.  Maybe, some of you out there
will volunteer to participate in the computer applications session by doing
a show and tell of what you have developed. :-)

---
      Hector Mandel, Manager of Systems Services  | (217) 244-7237
      CCSO - Computing                            | h-mandel@uiuc.edu
      University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign  | beeper (xxx) xxx-xxxx