Re: Fume Hood Decontamination

> Two more questions:
>
> What is a good catalog/handbook of radiation survey
> equipment?
>
> What is Tuballoy?  (A steely silver metal)

Several people on the list have commented that tuballoy was a term
used for enriched uranium.

I don't have a good catalog, the following sources are a bit old but
then so am I. (you may be able to find the newer versions), you may
be able to find one or more or more of these in your library.

 NCRP Report #57 Instrumentation and Monitoring Methods for Radiation
protection (1978)
Published by the National Council on Radiation Protection and
Measurments

 The Health Physics and Radiological Health Handbook
 Edited by Bernard Shleien (1992)
 chapter 9 is devoted to Instrumentation

Introduction to Health Physics
by Herman Cember

I won't even tell you the age of this book (oh well it is 1969) but I
know that a fairly recient edition is in print.  Again you will only
want to review the chapter on instrumentation.  I would guess that
any good health physics text would contain a summary of
instruments and methods.

If you are actually looking for a vendor I have had reasonably good
success with instruments from:

TMA Eberline
Technical Associates
Victoreen
Ludlum

This is not a complete list there are doubtless othere very good
vendors.  And I have had occassion to curse instruments from each of
the above but generally they seem to make good instruments.

Name: Edwin Jackson
EFJ@ASBHR
Environmental Coordinator
Brigham Young University