Am-241

I have a researcher in the Biomed. Dept. who wishes to receive a donated
device (a sensor) containing 160 uCi of Am-241.  The device was
manufactured in the U.S., I assume under a Part 32 license.  Our Byproduct
Material License has no provision for Am-241.

The question is, can the present owner of such of a device (not the
manufacturer) legally transfer and we legally receive it under the
provisions of 10CFR 32?  The folks in D.C. weren't much help. (surprise).

Thanks for any and all information.

Leo M. Bobek,
Director WPI Reactor
Worcester Polytechnic Institute