PROPOSED RULE CHANGE

In a proposed rule (federal register of Feb. 3, 1994) The NRC has
proposed dropping "CONTROLLED AREA".  Comment period ends April 4,
 1994.  For Medical Lecensees out there, my interpretation of current
rule for the general public is:

          Unrestricted area   <= 2 mrem in any hour
                              <= 100 mrem in a year

          Controlled area     <= 100 mrem in a year

Keeping the "CONTROLLED AREA" definition may be useful in the hospital
setting, especially for visitors.  NRC seems convinced dropping the
definition is no problem for power reactors.  How about the rest of

Any comments...?????

We would like to year from Safetyland Citizens.......

University of Connecticut Health Center

Internet:  Sinisterra@sun2.uchc.edu
Bitnet:    Sinisterra@uconnhc