Re: Aquesous Waste disposal under 10CFR 20.2003

Fido-To: romulus.ehs.uiuc.edu!post.its.mcw.e

Hello Patrick,

our aqueous disposal procedures require labs to obtain our direct
authorization BEFORE making aqueous disposals in lab sinks.  at the time
of disposal lab personnel MUST dilute to the MPC and maintain ongoing
log of ALL disposals, including waste water from cleaning flasks, tubes,
columns, etc.  we review these logs during our lab inspections. in some
cases we require a quarterly summary of disposals (isotope/activity/ and
volume) and additionally, once a year we require all labs to submit an
annual total.  hope this is of interest.

john brandon
uiuc radiation safety office
--- Maximus-CBCS v1.02
--- eecp 1.45 LM2

 * Origin: Check Source BBS (1:233/13)
--
HPS - via FidoNet node 1:233/13    (ehsnet.fidonet.org)