PROPOSED RULE ON RELEASE TO SEWER

I have just come across a proposed rulemaking regarding the disposal
of radioactive material into sanitary÷³ sewer systems.  Thia is an
advance notice published in the Federal Register dated February 25,
1994.ÿThis new rule could have a significant impact on medical
licensees and other facilities.

I encourage all medical facilities to respond to the NRC explaining
the scope and impact of this new rule as it effects your particular
programs.  The comment period expiresñ… May 26, 1994.

We must all speak up on this one and inundate them with our coments.

Please post any coments you have regarding this new rule.

Andres Sinisterra
Asst. Radiation Safety Officer for Medicine
University of Connecticut Health Center

Internet:  Sinisterra@sun2.uchc.edu
Bitnet:    Sinisterra@uconnhc