Re: NRC Fees

At  1:23 PM 3/24/94 -0600, "PAUL SKIERKOWSKI, UNIV. OF OKLAHOMA"
<RADSAFE@aardvark.ucs.uok wrote:
>anyone have the text of the fed. reg. ref the fee exemption
>
>our depository has not yet received the 3-17-94 issue with the news
>
>paul skierkowski
>university of oklahoma

I tried to send this to Paul directly but hit an error, so am posting this
to the list.  I don't know if this is exactly what he wanted.

I extract the main points:

"An annual fee is not required for:

"(1) A construction permit or license...issued to a nonprofit educational
institution for a production or utilization facility, other than a power
reactor, or for the possession and use of byproduct material, source
material, or special nuclear material.

"This exemption does not apply to...:
  (i)   Human use;
  (ii)  Remunerated services...
  (iii) Distribution...
  (iv)  Activities performed under a government contract.

"(2) Federally-owned research reactors used primarily for educational
training purposes...[meaning]:
  (i)...[T]hermal power level of 10 megawatts or less
  (ii) If...more than 1 megawatt, does not contain--
       (A) A circulating loop through the core...
       (B) A liquid fuel loading, or
       (C) An experimental facility in the core >16 sq.in. in cross-section."

Other relevant info is that if you paid fees for the current fiscal year,
they WILL be refunded.

Tim Wickland
Administrative Director
Science Center