RE: Depleted Uranium in artillery rounds

The military has the experts in this area.  The Armed Forces Radiobiology
Research Institue (AFRRI) in Bethesda, MD has taken the lead in evaluating
persons who were injured with DU during the war.  I don't remember the
contact point (LTC Daxon? I think).  I will get that and reply to yourr
request.

	RE:  possible effects.  The only effect would be an exposure to
ionizing radiation effect...no chemical toxicity etc if the rounds remained
in tact.  If there were a fire or if the tank was hit and penetrated by Iraqi
anti tank rounds then there are other considerations.  Unfortunately, a lot
of people are placing blame for their illnesses in the wrong places.  I
doubt that any illness currently manifested by these folks is the result of
spending time in a tank with DU rounds near by.  Lets hope that

	Jerry A. Thomas
	CAPT, MSC, USN

	(301) 295-3246
	FAX:  (301) 295-3893