Re: Depleted Uranium in artillery rounds

>Just to clear up the terminology to prevent any misunderstanding.....
>
>We are not refering to artillery rounds, but to 120 mm Tank rounds, known
>as SABOT. These rounds have a depleted uranium penetrator that looks like
>a small missle. I will see what literature i have on these......

My understanding was that the rounds of the GA/U-8A cannon
on the A-10A Tunderbolt II (Warthog) were also DU.  It may
be that tank-busting applications on the PanAvia Tornado
also used DU rounds.

Not that _where_ the rounds were fired from is the heart of
the issue.

I just thought that there might be more DU lying around than
just from 120mm tank rounds.

Not that I wear a uniform.  I just read a lot of Aviation
Week & Space Technology...

John
      *John DeLaHunt, EH&S          *1125 Glen Avenue          *
      *The Colorado College         *Colorado Springs, CO 80905*
      *jdelahunt@cc.colorado.edu    * VOX:  (719)389-6678      *
      *hazmat-owner@csn.org         * FAX:  (719)635-3177      *
      *************this message is hereby disclaimed************